THIS SCHEDULES ARE FOR THE 2023 SHOW AND ARE A GUIDE ONLY - CHECK HERE LATER FOR 2024 SCHEDULES
Stewards and Officials for 2022 Show
Patrons: Peter Sendall and Don Murchie
President: Martin Oppenheimer
Vice Presidents: Daniel Kermode (Senior VP), Angus Monie, Sam Lisle, Tim Norton, Josh Lockyer
Secretary: Dale Webber
Treasurer: Bill Fletcher
COVID Safe officer: Greig Stier
COVID Safe Deputy: Mark Guyot
Safety Officers: Don Murchie, Ron Denham
Publicity Officers: Katrina Campbell, Dale Webber
Public Officer: Dale Webber
Financial Overseer: Sarah Nivison
Chief Ground Steward: Max Ireland
Assistant Ground Steward: Tim Norton
Chief Ring Stewards: Andrew Crawford, Anthony Uren
Horse Section Post Entries: Penny King, Ruth Fletcher
Announcers: Pippie O’Brien, George Spring,
Sam Martin (roving mike)
Sideshows and Trade Space: Greig Stier
Bar: Miles Archdale
Chief Gate Steward: Noel Henry
Ring Car Stands: Bob Burnell
Waste Management: Henry King, Glen O’Brien
Horse Jumping: Annyka Overton, Guy Lord
Junior Stock Judging: Jock Fletcher
Stud Cattle: Sam Lisle
Stud Merino Sheep: Jock McLaren
Meat Breed Sheep: Michael Makeham
Live Lambs: Steve Wiggins, Tim Norton
Poultry: Lance Partridge
Pavilion Chief: Charles Street
Wool and Fleece Judging: Paul Pittman
Assistant: Josh Lockyer
Farm Produce and Vegetables: Andrew Robertson
Photography: Sue Harrison, Walcha Photography Club
Woodwork: Charles Koebel
Handicrafts: Helen Mansfield
Knitting: Jennifer Hill
Needlework: Cathy Lisle
Preserves, Jams and Jellies: Hazel Cameron
Cooking: Vicki McIvor
Fine Arts: Jess Healey
Horticulture: Phyllis Hoy
Showgirl Competition: Pip Monie
Pet Show: Betsy Norton
Dog Jumping: Charles Norton
Ag Bike Competition: James Tickle
Speed Shear: Tete Petuha
Sports Shear: Steve Liddle
Demolition Derby: Scott Kermode, Patrick Stace
Yard Dog Trials: Tony Overton, Lee Fletcher,
Cattle Dog Challenge: Tony Overton
Children’s Entertainment: Mitch Crawford, Angus Kirton
Finance Committee: President, Vice Presidents, Treasurer
Grounds Committee: Max Ireland, Tim Norton, Warwick Fletcher, Angus Monie, Martin Oppenheimer and Chief Steward of section concerned.
Protest Committee: President, 5 Vice Presidents and Chief Steward of the section
INSTRUCTIONS TO STEWARDS
1. Stewards must be on the ground to receive exhibits at the hour appointed by the committee.
2. Stewards are responsible for the exhibits being properly classed and all exhibits in each class being placed together ready for judging.
3. Stewards will obtain the award papers from the Secretary and deliver same to the judges and direct them to the exhibits they are appointed to judge.
4. Stewards will remove all unauthorised persons from the vicinity of the judges whilst judging.
5. Stewards will attend on the Judges and will afford them any information required, but will not do or say anything to influence their decision. They must not reveal the name of an exhibitor, or repeat any remarks the Judge may make.
6. Stewards will obtain the award papers from the Judge when filled and signed and deliver same to the Secretary.
7. Stewards will obtain prize cards from the Secretary, write names of prize winners thereon, and affix same to exhibits.
8. Stewards to write out vouchers for cash awards for presentation to the prize winners.